Dr Derek Yiu
Dr Derek Yiu MBBS FRACP is a general cardiologist with special interests in stress echocardiography, clinical cardiology, hypertension, and cardiovascular pharmacology. Dr Yiu joined SA Heart in 2009.
Derek was born in Adelaide and completed his MBBS at the University of Adelaide in 2000. He undertook his cardiology training at the Flinders Medical Centre, the Royal Darwin Hospital and the Repatriation General Hospital.
He was awarded his Fellowship to the Australasian College of Physicians in 2007 and joined SA Heart in 2009 where he consults at our Flinders, Morphett Vale and Ashford locations as well as at Victor Harbor.
Publications and Submissions
- Perry R, Joseph MX, De Pasquale CG, Chew DP, Yiu D, Aylward PE, Mangoni AA. High-Resolution Transthoracic Echocardiography of the Left Anterior Descending Coronary Artery: A Novel Noninvasive Assessment of Coronary Vasoreactivity. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2008; 21(2): 134-8
- Yiu D, Gieroba Z, Hall K, Mackintosh S, Russell A, Mangoni AA. An early drop in systolic blood pressure predicts a positive tilt table test in elderly patients with unexplained falls or syncope. Age Ageing 2006; 35:183-193.
- Yiu D, Gieroba Z, Russell A, Mangoni AA. Postural hypotension predicts a positive tilt table test in elderly patients with a history of unexplained falls. Abstract. Heart Lung Circ 2005;14(S1):S59.
- Broadley S, Croser D , Cottrell J, Creevy M, Teo E, Yiu D, Pathi R, Taylor J and Thompson P. Predictors of prolonged dysphagia following acute stroke. J Clin Neurosci 2003;10(3):300-5.
- Yiu D, Mangoni AA. Acute Coronary Syndrome In: Jackson S, Jansen P, Mangoni A, editors. Practical Handbook for Geriatric Prescribing. London: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. (2008)